Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Enchanting Siquijor

I have always been fascinated with Siquijor. I have a classmate in law school who hailed from the place and his stories about its natural and supernatural wonders were the highlights of my criminal law class. I have done a lot of traveling around the area several years later, but somehow I never had the chance to visit the place where as they say, witchcraft is an art, that is, until two weeks ago, on my son's 10th birthday,  when I finally set foot in Siquijor with my eldest son and some friends. It was indeed enchanting, very rustic and serene. I did not get to buy potions and rag dolls with pins but neither did I ate at Mc Donalds nor have instant noodles during the trip. My son who lives on hotdogs and ice cream, man-made attractions and 24/7 power supply was thoroughly impressed despite the absence or short supply of all the things he thinks are necessary. In fact, he had the best birthday ever in beautiful Siquijor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment